Graduate Student Travel Funding
The purpose of our Graduate Student Travel Funding program is to provide financial support for IPHRC graduate students to disseminate their research findings through presentations at conferences. This travel funding is only available to graduate students currently funded by an IPHRC Graduate Student Scholarship.
Amount: International conference - $1000 annually per student
National conference - $750 annually per student
Time frame: April 1st - March 31st
The applicant must:
- hold a Graduate Student Scholarship from IPHRC;
- be in good standing in his/her program of study;
- have a paper related to their funded research program accepted at a conference which has been peer reviewed;
- and indicate support from IPHRC in funding the research project.
A complete application includes:
- a letter of request to IPHRC including a full reference for the conference at which the paper/poster will be presented;
- confirmation letter of acceptance from the conference;
- a copy of the submitted abstract (full copy of the paper also appreciated if available);
- and a copy of the published abstract with reference to the support of IPHRC in funding the project must be submitted with the expense claim prior to the release of funding.
This funding opportunity will be available once annually for each student. No carry over of potential funding from year to year will be provided. The funding will cover conference costs (up to $1000 for international conferences and $750 for national conferences) including transportation, registration, hotel, meals, etc. at the University of Regina rates. This funding is not available to cover costs of research.
Please submit applications to:
Dr. Jo-Ann Episkenew - Director of IPHRC
CK 115, University of Regina
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Phone: (306) 337-2461